Saturday, October 21, 2017 | 12:30pm
The Nebraska Mystery Foods Event is a competitive food preparation event for youth that highlights Nebraska grown foods. A basket of food items will be given to each team of two to four members. In preparing their main entree, they must use only the food from the basket and a “mystery” ingredient that will not be revealed until just before the event. When complete, each team will make a short presentation to the judges explaining their entree.
- Participate in a competitive event that highlights Nebraska grown foods and/or Nebraska food products
- Exhibit their knowledge and skills when preparing and presenting a dish utilizing Nebraska foods
- Engage in 21st century skills such as teamwork and public speaking
- Learn about careers related to food, nutrition, and food science
The mystery ingredient will be one of these three Nebraska foods:
- Cooked Ground Beef
- Flat Iron Steak
- Pre-Cooked Roast
Check Rules & Guidelines for complete pantry items that will be provided to the team.
Registrations Must be Submitted On-line by Friday, October 13, 2017 by 11:59 pm
Entry Fee is $25.00 per team. Each division is limited to ten teams of 2-4 members:
- Division 1: 10—14 year olds
- Division 2: 15—18 year olds
Register your team online: https://www.regonline.com/mystery-foods
Awards will be 1st and 2nd place in each division with an overall winner.